Sunday, April 13, 2008

Looking to the positive

I am sad to report that the twins have passed. Unfortunately, they shared the same amniotic sac within the same placenta. At some point at the beginning of last week they got in each other's way and blood flow through the chord was compromised.

This was my fourth miscarriage. I now have five angels looking over me. However, I am not as devistated as in the past. This would have been such a high risk pregnancy, that it was better to have it happen sooner than later. This way neither baby suffered. I would have had to been placed under the care of a hospital in Boston and they would have been born very early, if they survived long enough.

I am STILL hopeful for a successful pregnancy in the future. However, I am going to take a few months off from trying. We conceived so quickly on the clomid, that we aren't worried about about getting pregnant again, just sustaining. The only worry I have is that I am getting older and don't want to be 45 and pregnant. *I know, I'm only 37!*




No comments: