Thursday, September 27, 2007

I see London, I see France


Why is everyone on Survivor wearing their underwear? Haven't they ever seen the show before?

I sometimes feel like I'm on Survivor. My husband and I have tried to stick to a budget and have vowed not to eat out for a month. It's been less than 2 weeks and it's driving me crazy. We have to save to put in new windows - when we bought this house we really didn't think about how old it was and how many of the windows were original to 1913. There are 16 that are single pane and need to be replaced, along with an old glass door in the basement! Several of them are over-sized and will need to be custom; it's going to cost a gazillion dollars.

We are about 40% of the way through stripping the lead paint from the porch posts on the front and back porches. It is taking longer than we thought because there are so many layers of paint. Once that is done, we'll have to paint them and the porch floor again. This house is a money pit! when we finally get everything fixed, it will be great, but for now it looks so ghetto with the half-stripped porch.

I've realized that I'm a much better writer when I'm not writing about myself! Writing a blog is much more work than I anticipated. I think it was easier writing research papers for grad school...

No comments: